Monday 6 May 2013

Wonderful You ~ Clean & Simple

Let's get this week started! Going to be a beautiful one here in Ottawa, sunny and warm so I believe we will be spending a lot of time outside taking it all in between naps and such :)

This card that I am sharing with you all today I have made with a few challenges in mind. I used the colour theme from Create with Connie & Mary, the Mother's Day theme from The Paper Players and I will be entering this card  in the Design Team call at House of Cards under the Clean and Simple category. Would you believe this is my very first one layer card? 

I know some of you might think this is a strange Mother's Day Card but to be perfectly honest I was a little tired of flowers & butterflies and being that my Mama is from the lovely province of Newfoundland, a sea theme card is perfect for her! 

My Challenges:




My Card:

Take the time to let your creativity bloom!



Card Recipe

Card Stock:
  • Very Vanilla
Inks:
  • Calypso Coral
  • Pool Party
  • Basic Gray
  • Versamark
Stamps:
  • By the Seashore
  • By the Tide
  • Loving Thoughts
Embellishments:
  • Pool Party Embossing Powder
  • Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder
Tools:
  • Simply Scored Scoring Tool 
  • Embossing Buddy
  • Heat Tool

12 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea to make a sea themed Mother's Day card! I love it! I love how the scoring frames your beautiful card! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I like the scoring around the edges, adds so much when doing a one layer card. Thanks so much for joining us this week for the color challenge at the Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the scoring adds such a wonderful detail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great masking on this and I love your scoring to add such dimension to your card! Thanks for playing along in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't that the wonderful thing about stamping?! We can design special cards that will appeal to a specific person and I'm sure your Mom will absolutely love this card you made with her in mind! Thanks for joining us this week for the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like how quick and easy this card is! The great thing is that it works for any occasion - EVEN Mother's Day!! Thanks for joining us this week in the color challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cool, Hayley! LOVE the fabulous coring and I adore the images you chose! Thank you so much for joining our DT call at House of Cards and good luck! Mynnette, Owner of House of Cards :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card, Hayley! You did such a fabulous masking job! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous one-layer card, Hayley. Love what you have done with this sketch! Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You sure know how to rock the one-layer card, Hayley! I love the scored lines and the pretty color combo you used. I love that you created your card using a theme so perfect for your mom. I have this set and have yet to link it up. You inspired me, once again. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great one layer card Hayley and succeeding with all the combined challenges! Sorry I'm late commenting, catching up from vacation! Thanks for joining Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete