Saturday 16 November 2013

Merry Monday & Seize The Sketch ~ Merry Christmas

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend. We are off to enjoy the Santa Clause Parade in our area this morning. Ethan is very excited to see "The Big Guy" :)

Here is a card that I made this week to play along at Merry Monday and Seize The Sketch. I am also entering this card in the anything goes challenge at Addicted to Stamps & More.

I tried a new technique - Swipe Stamping. So rather than pressing the stamp down on the ink pad you swipe it across the pad to get a lighter smudged look. Kind of fun!

My Challenges:




My Card:


Take the time to let your creativity bloom!


Card Recipe

Card Stock: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White & Season of Style DSP Stack
Inks: Chocolate Chip & Cherry Cobbler
Stamps: Simply Stars & More Merry Messages
Embellishments: Basic Rhinestones
Tools: Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder & Stampin' Sponge

19 comments:

  1. Hi Hayley. LOVE the different patterned group of stars on your card - beautiful! Great job with this technique ... it's new to me and I must give it a try. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card and i love the embossing with the stars :) Thanks for joining us on Seize the Sketch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Haley, I love your card with the touches of pink and the cluster of stars, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty Christmas card! Very festive with all the stars. Love that you made them from designer papers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome, Hayley! I love your swiped technique and the colours are just beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that cluster of stars, Hayley! They are so pretty against the embossed stripes! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great way to use this sketch...I have these stars and haven't used them yet! You've inspired me! Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful! thanks for playing along at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Hayley! Love the cluster of stars and your mix of stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful! I love the stars and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty card Hayley, I love the patterns on the stars. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card! Love the layout and those stars are fantastic! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your card. I have been using stars a lot in my cards and they are such a fun shape! I also like the embossed lines- nicely done:-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the dry embossing and the cluster of stars!
    Thanks for playing with us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So gorgeous Hayley - I'm going to have to save this one for a later CASE! Gorgeous sponging and I LOVE the striped embossing. Thanks for joining us at ATS&M.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful card Hayley. Thank you so much for joining us at ATSM. Good luck.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The mix of stars and stripes really works well on your card and that color combo is just so appealing. Beautiful card! :-)

    ReplyDelete