Tuesday 15 January 2013

Merry Monday & Paper Players

Good evening all. I am so excited to be getting my new blog up and running. So nice to have a fresh look going into the New Year! 

For this card I used the Sketch Challenge over at Merry Monday and the colour combo from The Paper Players Challenge. 

For those of you who are not familiar with Merry Monday and are wondering why I heck I am making Christmas cards in January it is actually very simple. At Merry Monday each week they give you a sketch and it is your challenge to create one Christmas card with them each week and by the time Christmas rolls around you are already well on your way to having your Christmas cards totally made! I started with this challenge last year and it sure helped come December :)

My Challenges:





My Card:




I wanted to add a little shine to this card so I added some Pewter embossing which we will call "gray" :)



Take the time to let your creativity bloom!

Card Recipe

Card Stock:

  • Basic Gray
  • Pacific Point
  • Daffodil Delight
  • Whisper White
Inks:
  • Versamark 
  • Pewter Embossing Powder
Stamp Sets:
  • Snowflake Soiree
  • More Merry Messages
Embellishments:
  • Large & Basic Rhinestones
  • Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons
  • Whisper White Bakers Twine
Tools:
  • 3 1/2" Circle Die
  • Northern Flurry Embossing Folder
  • Boho Blossoms Punch

8 comments:

  1. Hayley, the Pewter embossing powder was perfect as a stand in for basic gray! I never think of these colors for Christmas, but you really made me realize that they are perfect for Christmas! I love the embossed snowflakes and the rhinestones. So glad that you shared this fabulous card with the Paper Players this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Hayley! Love the color combo and all your snowflakes! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new blog, Hayley! Good for you that you're getting an early start on your holiday cards. Your pewter snowflakes are gorgeous, love them, and they work so great with this color challenge. Thanks for sharing your creation with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't you a clever girl using pewter for gray and rocking this bright color combo with a Christmas card! Great job...Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Hayley, the pewter gray snowflakes are awesome and finished with the gemstone, they just shine! I love that you used the colours from the Paper Players too! Awesome new blog look!
    Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Hayley, your snowflakes are so pretty. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these non-traditional Christmas colors, Hayley! What a pretty card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday! BTW, I love your new blog look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new look Hayley - you're blog colours are so pretty! You've created a beautifully embossed Christmas card! And I just love the non-traditional colours for Christmas! Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete