Wednesday 29 May 2013

2 Cards, 3 Challenges ~ So Much Fun!

We have made it to the middle of the week :) Almost to the weekend! I was able to get a little crafting in last night after the kiddos were in bed before hitting the hay and here is what I came up with...

Card #1 was made using the Fusion Challenge for the week ~ I broke out my water colouring skills for this one :) I tried to match each of the colours I could pick our from the inspiration photos with the fun sketch! I decided to not use a sentiment on this card because I did not want to take away from the water coloured panel :)

My Challenge:



My Card:


Card Recipe

Card Stock:
  • Pool Party
  • Wisteria Wonder
  • Whisper White
  • Water Colour Paper
Inks:
  • Pumpkin Pie
  • Melon Mambo
  • Real Red
  • Daffodil Delight
  • Wild Wasabi
  • Staz On Black 
Stamps:
  • Secret Garden
  • Fabulous Florets
Tools:
  • Petals a Plenty Embossing Folder
  • Large Circle Bigz Die


Next up we have a card I made using the sketch from Create with Connie & Mary and the colour combo from CAS-ual Fridays. I thought this colour combo would be perfect for a baby boy card :)

My Challenges:




My Card:


Card Recipe

Card Stock:
  • Pacific Point
  • Whisper White
  • Polka Dot Parade DSP
Inks:
  • Pacific Point
  • Real Red
Stamps:
  • Baby Prints
Embellishments:
  • Real Red 1/4" Taffeta Ribbon
Tools:
  • Stripes Embossing Folder

Take the time to let your creativity bloom!

7 comments:

  1. oh...how FUN is this card! I love how you combined the red, white and blue challenge with the sketch and made a baby card...so creative! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! You could really whip up a bunch of these announcements in no time! Fast & fabulously fun! Thanks for joining us in the sketch this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so sweet! Love the color combo and baby theme! I've got babies on the mind with our first grandchild due next month! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards! Love the baby card! What a fun way to use red, white and blue! Love it! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love this bright color combo for a baby boy card! Just adorable! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hayley, both cards are lovely. Those little hand prints are stinkin' adorable. Thanks for playing along this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous flowers Hayley - so glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION!
    Gorgeous CAS card too!!!

    ReplyDelete