Friday 12 April 2013

4 Challenges, 3 Cards, 1 Post :)

Well it was a blustering day out there today, freezing rain and snow here in Ottawa :( Thankfully we did not get as much as they predicted! I am really crossing my fingers that was the end of our winter and we can FINALLY move onto Spring... So what did I do to improve my mood? I made several cards while my kiddos were napping. So here we go...

Card #1 I made using the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches and used the Spring Inspiration photo from Inkspirational. We received a list of the colours which are retiring when the new catelogue launches and so I thought I would use a few of those colours on these cards. There are a few I will be really sad to see go but we did get to keep a lot of colours I LOVE and of course we get 5 *NEW* In Colours which I just cannot wait to see!!!

My Challenge:




My Card:



Card Recipe

Card Stock:

  • Lucky Limeade 
  • Whisper White 
  • Rose Red
  • Rich Razzleberry
  • Floral District DSP
Inks:
  • Lucky Limeade 
  • Rose Red

Stamps:

  • Blooming with Kindess
  • Curly Cute
Embellishments:
  • Baha Breeze 1/4" Taffeta Ribbon
  • Basic Pearls
Tools:
  • Scallops Circle Bigz Die (retired)
  • 2 1/2" Circle Punch
  • 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch
  • Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack

Card #2 I made using the sketch from Seize the Birthday masculine card challenge. I am quite sad Not Quite Navy will be retiring, it was a favourite of mine! 

My Challenge:



My Card:




Card Recipe

Card Stock:

  • Not Quite Navy
  • Cajun Craze
  • Very Vanilla
  • Parker's Patterns DSP
Inks:
  • Not Quite Navy
  • Early Espresso
  • Crumb Cake
Stamps:
  • Best Dad Ever
  • Dapper Dad
Tools:
  • Scallop Border Punch
  • Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack
  • Apothecary Accents Framelit Dies
  • Blender Pen
And last but not least Card #3 I used the sketch from Try Stampin' on a Tuesday. Everything on this card has been made from scraps! Reduce, reuse, recycle I say! I mentioned that we are saying goodbye to a few colours but we are also bringing back a few colours and one of those colours is Pear Pizzazz!!! 

My Challenge:


My Card:



Card Recipe

Card Stock:
  • Pretty in Pink
  • Whisper White
  • Ridinghood Red
  • Twitterpated DSP
Inks:
  • Pretty in Pink
  • Baha Breeze
  • Island Indigo
  • Pear Pizzazz
  • Ridinghood Red
  • Basic Gray
Stamps:
  • Button Buddies 
  • A Round Array ***Sneak peek from the 2013-2014 Catelogue***
Embellishments:
  • Whisper White Bakers Twine
  • Dazzling Diamonds Glitter
Tools:
  • Delicate Designs Embossing Folder
  • 1 1/4" Scallop Circle Punch
  • 7/8" Scallop Circle Punch

Take the time to let your creativity bloom!

10 comments:

  1. All your cards are amazing. I love how you have used the flower as the focal point in your first card. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic cards! Love your little vase of flowers - super cute :) Thanks for joining us this week at Try Stampin' On Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful collection of cards! Thanks for sharing one at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Hayley! Blooming with kindness has got to be my favourite stamp set right now! Love the little pearl centred flowers! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty floral thank you card Hayley, I love that Blooming with Kindness flower and have just received it myself! Love the trio of punched flowers with the pearl centres, a lovely finishing touch! Thanks so much for taking part in our Inkspirational photo challenge, please come back soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, you have been busy! The photo inspiration card is beautiful. I really like the paper layering and the small flower detail behind the pearls. Very nice work! So glad that you joined us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Hayley you have been a busy crafter! All of your cards are so pretty! I especially love the first one with the beautiful flower, colors and DP. A very clean design! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh i love the fun bow tie!!! Thanks for joining us on Seize the Birthday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome trio of cards, Hayley!!! LOVE all of them--especially that bold and gorgeous bloom on the first one! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boy have you been busy. Love all the cards. Thanks for playing along at TSOT.

    ReplyDelete